Various limbs of yoga are offered through private and small group instruction, including asana [postures], pranayama [breathing] and meditation in Pasadena and Los Angeles. With an ayurvedic approach, sessions are tailored for specific needs with the aim of increased awareness and balance on all levels.
Please visit the Yoga House website for el’s public class schedule.
Although her training and personal practice has been in the tradition of Mysore Style Ashtanga Yoga, el understands the value of modifying the system for the individual. Taking fundamental elements from the Ashtanga Vinyasa sequence and philosophy, instruction is adapted for each person.
The Ashtanga Vinyasa system is a balanced sequence of postures coupled with breath that cleanses and detoxifies the body and mind. The method encourages purification and realignment, increasing strength and flexibility for both.
Our traditional method focuses on breath, bhandas [muscle locks] and drishti [gazing point] to achieve a deep experience of the postures, understanding of the body and quieting of the mind. Anything else is a distraction.
Asana Training + Experience
- Ashtanga practice with Pattabhi Jois, Sharath and Saraswati Rangaswami at Sri K Pattabhi Jois Ashtanga Yoga Institute, Mysore India
- Ashtanga workshops and regular practice with Noah Williams, Kimberly Flynn, Dominic Corigliano, James Butkevich, Radha and Pierre, and Anne Nowell
- Teacher training with Doug Swenson
- Assisting and instruction at Ashtanga Yoga Los Angeles [AYLA] for the morning Mysore program and led classes
- Instructing led classes at Liberation Yoga and Dancing Shiva in Los Angeles, and Yoga House in Pasadena
- Private Instruction
Pranayama Training [breathing]
- Practice with B.N.S Iyengar in Mysore, India
- Practice at Zen Center of San Diego with Ezra Bayda and Elizabeth Hamilton, in the Ordinary Mind/ White Plum Lineage [Joko Beck]
- Practice at Zen Center of Los Angeles with Wendy Egyoku Nakao in the Maezumi-Glassman lineage
- 10-day Vipassana retreat in the Cardamom Hills in Kerala, India